Thanks for joining us for Episode 2 of the podcast and Episode 2 of Firefly. One of the goals with this podcast is to better understand why a show is cancelled after one season and you can start to tell right off the bat with this second episode that there’s trouble a-brewin. This was the FIRST episode that Fox aired and they reportedly gave Joss Whedon only three days to write it after they disapproved of Episode 1.
The Chris’s discuss this week about the thin plot, how Firefly does in the Bechdel test, and how much Jayne steals every scene.
Follow this episode, you’re going to get a chance to play studio executive and either cancel our reviews of Firefly, or continue it on for two more episodes. Follow @season1pod on Twitter for 48 hours after this episode to vote!
- 00:00:30 – The second pilot, that viewed first. How do you write a story in three days?
- 00:02:30 – The writing is on the wall, Fox isn’t fond of Firefly.
- 00:04:00 – Unification Day! An aspicious day.
- 00:08:00 – Best theme song of all time?
- 00:10:40 – Firefly and the Bechdel test
- 00:19:00 – Niska vs. Rocky and Bullwinkle
- 00;21:00 – The Train Job – Doin’ the crime.
- 00:26:00 – The Jayne chain of command
- 00:27:00 – Second reference of Disney Princesses in two episodes. (What is wrong with me?)
- 00:33:00 – How this episode failed as a pilot, but succeeded as a second episode
That’s our second show! Don’t forget to leave us a good review on iTunes if you have a moment and tell your friends!
Now the podcast is in your hands. Vote on our twitter feed to either cancel Firefly or keep flyin’.