Welcome to our inaugural episode! We’ll be focusing first on the Joss Whedon series, Firefly. This series aired only 11 episodes and this episode actually aired last. However, if you check out this series on Netflix, it was originally intended to be the pilot, so we’ll review it first.
Firefly premiered on Fox in September, 2002 and stands as a testament to a wonderful missed opportunity.
Chris and Chris look at this pilot episode called “Serenity.”
Every two episodes, you’re going to get a chance to cancel a series, or keep going. Check out our twitter feed for more details.
- 00:02:00 – The pilot that wasn’t really the pilot.
- 00:04:00 – The Saving Private Ryan opening. Expecting the audience to understand what’s not stated.
- 00:05:00 – Kamler tries his hand and explaining cinematography.
- 00:08:00 – Poor Bendis. He’s so very, very pretty.
- 00:10:00 – The Browncoats – a metaphor for the Confederate Army and reconstruction?
- 00:12:00 – Six Years Later… 2517
- 00:14:30 – The influences of Firefly
- 00:19:00 – The shaving habits of Captain Mal
- 00:20:00 – Atkins’ favorite scene. Inara bones the virgin.
- 00:24:30 – The cast assembles, and Barney Miller
- 00:28:00 – Firefly, Aerosmith, and Disney Princesses
- 00:34:30 – Reavers – Scary af
- 00:36:30 – The backstory of River Tam
- 00:40:00 – Patience and the return of the Reavers
- 00:43:00 – Crazy Ivan
- 00:44:45 – What if with Firefly
- 00:47:00 – Wrap-up
What did you think about Firefly Episode 1? How about our review of it? Sound off in the comments below. Don’t forget to leave us a good review on iTunes if you have a moment and tell your friends! We’re reviewing Episode 2 next week and then we turn the podcast over to you to determine if Firefly gets cancelled.
See you next week!